Friday, August 9, 2013

Welcome, here's our story

I always find it strange to write the first post on a blog; it's almost like I'm writing to myself because there will probably only no to few people be here, reading this. However, let's just hope for that one person that finds their way here to this little glimpse of my life. Welcome! I like you already!

My name is Juli and this blog is intended to be a venting opportunity for me (and maybe, maybe also my husband, Max).



Max and I are both 26 years old, we met last year in January and fell head over heals in love with each other while I was doing a semester abroad in the US. We have been visiting each other since then, and got engaged on my last visit there, in February 2013.


As you can see on the picture, it was very cold. But nevertheless, of course, I got the best proposal ever, from the best man I could possibly ever dream of.  After the engagement we decided that we wanted to live together in the US, but that required me getting a visa. We looked for help in form of lawyers and pretty much got screwed over. They made all kinds of promises including telling me I could come back right after a couple of months and just got our hopes up only to let us down shortly after we paid them. I also have to add those people were recommended to us, we did not take the visa process lightly and wanted to do everything right. However, it all worked out just fine, we found out they were lying to us and found an awesome new lawyer who knew what she was doing and wasn't charging us for 'research on immigration'. I also want to add that we do understand the immigration takes time, the reason we were devastated is because we got our hopes up really high. Well, what can I say, we found out that the couple of months we were having to stay apart turned into approximately a year. Bummer. But no obstacle for our relationship. I mean, our love is so strong and there is nothing we would not do for each other, so having to wait, as hard as it is, is not the worst that could happen to us.

You might notice, we've been moving pretty fast in our relationship. But, it's this weird thing that people call 'you just know' and it all makes sense to you. There is no questioning the relationship, and we both knew from the first day that 'this was it', it never felt like 'just' a relationship, so the next step, getting married, felt just natural to us. And boom - on 27 March we got married in the US.


After the official courtroom wedding, we still felt like the 'real deal' was missing. I had to come back to Germany anyway, because I had a couple of tests left before finishing my degree (additionally, you're only allowed to stay in the US for 90 days when you're on a tourism visa - and those were over too). I kind of spent my last semester of studies in the US without having to be present in school. All my professors required were a presentation and an 24 hours exam to make up for my missed classes. I'm still very grateful to have gotten that opportunity, I mean, who is that lucky. On 25 May we got married in a very nice church ceremony, with all of my family and Max parents and grandparents present. We really are so lucky!


After the wedding, Max and I spent our summer together here in Germany. We had the time of our lives and made some great memories! 









It was so much harder saying goodbye this time, because it wasn't 'his life' and 'my life' anymore, it was 'our life'. I'll miss how he was able to tickle me, without even touching me; how he started watching cheesy vampire shows out of despair; how we never wanted to go to sleep and how I felt so safe around him. Now he's been gone for 2 days and my life just feels in limbo. It's like waiting for this year to go over so I can really star living him, with him. But I also know that we're very lucky to have found each other; we wouldn't be so sad if we weren't that happy.

So, this is it, our story. I feel like I've been ranting a lot, so if you have any questions, just ask :)

X, Juli

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10285314/?claim=x6tdxy38xkn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

3 comments:

  1. Hallo Juli, ein Jemand hat sich schon auf deinen Blog verirrt, und ich bin sicher es werden noch viele folgen! Ein sehr sympathischer erster Post, du bist eine ganz ganz Hübsche und ihr ein schickes Paar :-) warum mmusst du denn nun noch so lange warten? Ich dachte immer als Verheiratete wäre diese Visa-Sache einfacher.. Arbeitest du jetzt dieses Jahr dann noch? Ich wünsche euch ganz viel Kraft für die kommendr Zeit! Aber mit der Liebe die aus deinen Worten spricht sollte das locker zu schaffen sein! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Hanna, wie schön dass du über den Blog gestolpert bist :) Vielen Dank für die Komplimente, man man, da geht es gleich so lieb hier los, damit hab ich gar nicht gerechnet. Ja, dass dachten wir auch, aber leider dauert es immer ca. ein Jahr bis man so ein Visum bewilligt bekommt in dem man quasi beweisen muss dass man sich tatsächlich liebt, aber hauptsächlich ist es einfach die Bürokratie. Ich glaube es gibt die Möglichkeit ein Visum zu beantragen dass es einem ermöglicht direkt da zu bleiben, aber unsere Anwältin hat uns zu 100% davon abgeraten da die Bewilligungsquote sehr gering ist und wenn man einmal abgelehnt wurde gibt es kein zurück mehr. Da hören wir natürlich drauf.
    Vielen vielen Dank für die lieben Worte, es ist zwar manchmal echt hart, aber man weiß ja wofür man es macht. Sind halt blöde 12 Monate für ein Leben zusammen :)

    Liebe Grüße,
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juli,
    habe dein Profil mit dem Link zum Blog im Visaforum gesehen. Wünschte, ich hätte deinen Blog früher gefunden, denn 2013 ging es mir genauso wie Dir und lustigerweise habe ich diesen unerträglichen Schwebezustand auch allzu oft als "f***ing limbo" bezeichnet :-)
    In der Zeit von Januar bis Ende August saß ich in Deutschland rum und habe darauf gewartet, endlich wieder bei meinem Baby-Schatz sein zu können. Seit dem 1.9. bin ich nun hier und im November haben wir geheiratet (wir haben den K1 Visa Weg gewählt).
    Ich kann nur sagen, das Warten und Bangen hat sich gelohnt und es würde es jederzeit wieder tun (und zwar nur für diesen einen besonderen Mann).
    Ich wünsche Euch, dass die weitere Bearbeitung Eures Visum jetzt ganz fix geht und ihr bald endlich als Mr. & Mrs. zusammenleben könnt!
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Jasmin

    ReplyDelete