Friday, August 30, 2013

Baking with Juli - Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies

Today I wanted to address the food issue some couple sometimes have when coming from different parts of the world.

Since Max is from the US and I am from Germany we're both used to different kinds of food. Both of us have lived in the others' country for at least 3 months and we both could form opinions on what we like and what we rather not eat everyday.

Max is from Wisconsin, where it seems like everything people eat has to include at least some form of cheese. Which, don't get me wrong, I like cheese, but cheese and cheese can be very different, if you know what I mean. Max has come to love "Brötchen", German bread rolls, now, after despising them in the beginning. Not only is the type of food we are used different, but what you eat to what time is different as well. When we started living together in the beginning of this year, I did not have to go to work and would cook lunch for Max, waiting to eat with him, when he came back from school. After a couple of days he told me how much that confused him, because he was used to eating a light meal as his lunch and the main meal as dinner, at night. Needless to say, eating together was an adjustment for both of us, when cooking at home.

There is food that I do not like that Max would never give up, just as much as there is food that I thoroughly enjoy but just do not know how to properly prepare. I started taking cooking classes back in the US, with the intent to become familiar to home cooked American meals. Since I have some time to kill while I'm waiting for my visa I thought it would be a great idea to try out new recipes that I know Max and I will both enjoy (don't worry I'll still cook German from time to time). Therefore, I want to start a new series where I tryout new stuff that I find online or got recipes for from Max' family and post the results to this page.

The first recipe I tried out is Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies, you can find the original recipe here. I changed the original recipe from going with a blueberry muffin mix to using fresh blueberries, do whatever you like best ;)

I actually made a video for trying it out and out it on youtube too:


What you need:


400 grams  - 2 packs Muffin Mix
113 grams  - 4 oz Cream Cheese
113 grams  - 1 stick (unsalted) Butter
110 grams  - 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 eggs
225 grams  - 1 1/2 cups White Chocolate Chips


1. Combine Butter, Cream Cheese and Brown Sugar  in a bowl -mix until smooth
2. Add the eggs - one at a time - mix
3. Gradually add the Muffin Mix
4. Add Chocolate Chips and Blueberries (don't use a mixer - preferably a spoon)
5. Set to chill in a fridge for at leas an hour! (This step is very important - if you skip it the cookies might become flat)
6. Preheat the oven to 160° C (top-/bottom heat)
7. Bake for around 12 minutes (mine took a little longer) until golden brown
8. Enjoy :)





Hope you enjoy the cookies as much as I did :)

Juli



No comments:

Post a Comment