Wednesday, January 8, 2014

He's (been) here (for 15 days now)!

YAY!

Max has been here since December 20th. I kinda logged out of the blogging world for a while and just concentrated on being with him. We're so happy we're together right now. It finally feels like 'real' life again. And not just time I have to pass in order to be with him. This man is so unbelievably perfect for me - it's scary ;) He's the best!

In my family, christmas is rather crazy. My parents are divorced and my mom split with her boyfriend that we lived together with for more than 12 years, so he's my unofficial second dad. Needless to say, I wanna see them all for christmas and that means taking a 6 hour trip to Western Germany the day after christmas. Every year. Haha, those trips are really exhausting, but it's totally worth spending that time with my family - especially now that we're 'complete'.

ALSO. We received our NOA2. For everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about: That is a huge milestone in our visa journey. We originally thought it is a matter of weeks since I'm getting the visa now, but it turns out that this is unfortunately not the case. Our lawyer even said it might take up unto 6 months until I'll be able to fly over there. To be honest, I don't really buy it though. Or maybe my brain doesn't want to buy it. So I'll just pretend I'll be home in the middle of February. For now.

We've used the time we had to just relax and spend time with family and friends. We're also working on renovating my mom's new house. I'm so happy she got the opportunity to finally call a house her 'almost' own. Well, it is rented, but the landlords are our friends, so it almost feels like it's hers.

Things are rather crazy right now. We want to get everything in and make every single one of our close ones happy, but that sometimes becomes a little tricky. You want to help everyone, see everyone, please everyone and along the way you use precious time that you could have spend enjoying each others company - so we took today off and just laid in bed all day. After all, I might be home with Max soon, so this might be the last time we will have to concentrate on us  - without having to think about our jobs, schedules, etc.

I'll be updating again soon.

xx Juli

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve with my mom and brother

'Rummelpott' for NYE 2013/14

'Rummelpott' for NYE 2013/14






No comments:

Post a Comment